Monday, February 4, 2008

Aidenisms

OK, so I plan to post these pretty often. I have a wonderful source of material--my delightfull silly, wacky 3 year old! Here are some of his most recent, silly quotes:

(The scene: my bedroom, while I'm getting dressed for the day)

Aiden: Mommy, what's that?

Me: That's my bra.

Aiden: What's that do?

Me: Well, it helps me cover my nurses. (Aiden's word for boobs).

Aiden: When I get big, I have to get Batman bras for my nurses. Aiden has tiny nurses. You have BIG nurses, Mommy (glad someone thinks so!). But only me--only Aiden gets Batman bras.

__________________________________

(The scene: I'm tucking Aiden in before bed)

Aiden: I have to go to sleep Mommy. So I can grow. So I can be 45 and have wine. I like wine, Mommy. I gonna have Buzz Lightyear wine when I get to be big. But I have to be 45 first.

___________________________________

(The scene: The grocery store check out line)

Aiden: Mommy, you have a 'gina? (Aiden's word for vagina)

[check-out girl giggles]

Mommy: Yes, buddy, I'm a girl, so that's what I have.

Aiden: I a boy. I have a peen-us. But when I get big, I get a spiderman 'gina. Spiderman 'gina's are cool. They have webs. And they shoot bad guys with them.

[check-out girl turning red, trying not to bust out laughing; grocery sacker now laughing]

Mommy: You're a boy, Aiden. You have a penis, and you'll always have boy-parts. That won't change.

Aiden: No, mommy. I don't want a penis. I WANT A SPIDERMAN 'GINA!! (screaming at the top of his lungs)

[Entire line of people laughing now. My face is now burgundy.]

No comments:

Want to hear more about the Pack?

Check out A Belly in Bloom, a page devoted to Angela's pregnancy with Aubrey. You can see belly pics, sonograms, and learn more about how Aubrey (formerly known as "The Bean") came to be the lovely little girl she is! You can also find Angela's favorite recipes and newest food experiments at Cooking with the Parker Pack.