Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Pregnancy Aidenisms

Ever since he found out there is a baby growing in my tummy, Aiden has had a lot to say on the matter. Here are some choice bits:


Aiden (shoving pieces of cereal in my mouth): Mommy, you eat pirate cideal (Cap'n Crunch cereal). The baby wants to eat Pirate cideal. The baby is hungry--he likes cideal.

__________________

The scene: our master bathroom. I'm hugging the toilet, Aiden is standing two inches to my left, peering over my shoulder as I throw up. Freckles is on my right, leaning against me.

Aiden: Mommy, stop that! Stop frowing up! Stop it right now!

Me: Aiden, I can't stop. I can't help it, I just have to throw up.

Aiden: No you don't! You stop that right now Mommy!

Me: Aiden, remember how I told you there is a baby in my tummy? Well, somtimes the baby growing in my tummy makes me feel yucky, and I have to throw up. It's no big deal--lots of mommies with babies in their tummies throw up, but I can't just stop doing it. Mommy is OK.

Aiden (with a horrified look on his face): Mommy! Don't frow up my baby!! Don't frow up my baby!!

______________________

Aiden: Mommy, is the baby hungry in your tummy?

Me: No, buddy, it has a special straw that gives it food right into its tummy, called the umbilical cord. Baby isn't hungry at all. When Mommy eats, baby eats.

Aiden: When the baby comes out, I feed it my food.

Me: Well, when the baby comes out, it will drink milk from my nurses. It won't be ready to eat food for a long time.

Aiden: I have nurses. I have tiny nurses. I can feed the baby from my nurses too?

__________________

Aiden: Mommy, when the baby comes, I teach it how to walk. I hold his hand and teach him not to go in the road. That's naughty. I show him.

___________________

Me: I bet you are going to be a great big brother. You'll take good care of the baby won't you.

Aiden: Yeah, I change his dirty diapers. I change his poopy diapers all by myself!

(I'm making sure I document this one--I'm going to hold him to it!!)

______________________

After seeing pictures of what a 6 week old embryo looks like in a book: "Mommy, baby looks like a sea horse!"


He's too cute! He's very excited about The Bean and being a big brother. I just hope the feeling lasts once the baby arrives! :)

2 comments:

The Lashers said...

I love Aidenisms - I can't wait to read more! Heck, I can't wait to have some Breckinisms, but I'll settle for more Aidenisms for the next couple years.

missionfirst said...

So sweet!

Want to hear more about the Pack?

Check out A Belly in Bloom, a page devoted to Angela's pregnancy with Aubrey. You can see belly pics, sonograms, and learn more about how Aubrey (formerly known as "The Bean") came to be the lovely little girl she is! You can also find Angela's favorite recipes and newest food experiments at Cooking with the Parker Pack.