Another Doctor Appointment for Mommy and The Bean

Today was my appointment with the high-risk OB and although we don't have any further answers on what made me sick and rashy, we did get to see The Bean on ultrasound and we're told that everything looks great. Baby is exactly on track for growth and my doctor said that baby's head/brain, heart, stomach, bladder, kidneys and the placenta are all well-formed and look perfect. The Bean even looked over and waved at us during the ultrasound--it was so cute!

My doctors have decided to put me on low-dose aspirin therapy to prevent some of the possible complications if this is lupus. It doesn't seem like much, but just this little task makes me feel better about this two-week wait for results. I feel like I'm doing something while I wait at least. The doc also gave us a much more optimistic picture if this does turn out to be parvo. Things are still serious and could potentially end up badly, but he was much more optimistic and said that the majority of babies will come through fine. Considering the grim picture my other doctor had painted, this is at least a bit more hopeful. Keep hoping and praying that this all works out and that The Bean stays healthy!

I posted the sonogram pics and more info on the appointment on my pregnancy blog, A Belly in Bloom. Click here to jump over--you might even learn the gender of The Bean!!

Comments

Unknown said…
Angela, we will definetly be praying for you and the baby. I was exposed to parvo when I worked on the pediatric floor when I was pregnant with Sam. I know that scary feeling! But Sam is great & will start kindergarten next year! Let us know if you need anything!

Popular Posts