One lucky Mama

Today, we had to go to the ER rather unexpectedly (see today's post on our Belly in Bloom page for all the details) and Aiden joined us wearing his Superman jammies, cape and all. I couldn't help but notice what a wonderful young boy I've got on my hands. He swaggered down the hallways, telling everyone we met how he was Superman and invited them to check out his cape. His good humor spread to the patients and medical staff and volunteers we encountered, bringing a smile to a lot of faces. Despite the hours of boredom, he remained polite and well-mannered (for a three-year old, of course). He would ask the names of every person we met, and was quick to tell them "I'm Aiden Scott Parker," and proceed to introduce his Daddy and Mommy as well.

Despite being cooped up in a single exam room for about 4 hours, he managed to have a great time "locking mommy in jail" by raising and lowering the safety bars on the gurney. He protectively wanted to take care of his mommy and keep her from harm, and when I was in pain, he rubbed my belly soothingly and asked me if that made it better. He was excited about getting to "see the Bean on TV" and kept telling the sonogram tech that he was a big brother.

It was a scary morning, having horrible pains and wondering if everything was going to be OK. I refused to allow the really scary thoughts in, but at one point in the morning, I remember looking over at my beautiful son and thinking to myself, "God, if this baby isn't meant to be, at least you've blessed me with one miracle." I want this baby girl so badly, I am so excited she's joining our family, but I feel almost greedy sometimes, expecting another miracle of a child, especially when God has given me so much already. Despite all of the days he drives me nuts, despite the mischief and messes, Aiden is such a wonderful boy and I am so proud he's mine.

Comments

Aiden is going to be an awesome big brother. What an exciting thing to watch him grow in to...

I tagged you, on my blog...
Angela, Just wanted you to know that you have the best outlooks on things...it's what makes you a great person and mother.

Popular Posts