The Jesus in His Heart

This morning, we all sat around the breakfast table eating a yummy meal of homemade beignets with whiskey sauce and bacon. We had gotten on the subject of how protein makes our muscles strong and calcium in milk makes our bones strong, and the conversation went from there...

Aiden: I get strong bones and muscles, then I can do my exercises. I can do push-ups, like this (he demonstrates).

Mommy: That's right, and when we exercise, it makes our muscles strong and makes our heart strong.

Aiden: Yeah, when I do my exercises and get my heart strong, Jesus gets strong.

Mommy: Because Jesus lives in your heart?

Aiden: Yeah, when we eat our food and it gets to our heart, then Jesus eats food too. The food gets broke up into tiny pieces in our tummy, it's gidested, and then Jesus eats our food.

Mommy: Does Jesus like the beignets we're having for breakfast?

Aiden: Yeah, Jesus likes them.

I love how the minds of children work. You can just see Aiden imagining a tiny Jesus snacking on beignets while sitting back, chillin' out in his heart.

Comments

That's so sweet, and going to be a great story to tell him when he's older.

My husband was on the radio once, when he was 4 or 5, on a Christian station - they asked him what Jesus ate, and he replied "fried chicken."

Recipe please?
The Lashers said…
I always count on Aiden to give me a great laugh. We love your son!!!!

Popular Posts