A date with Mommy

In an effort to spend some one-on-one time with Aiden before Aubrey arrives, I took Aiden on a lunch date to Peter Piper Pizza. It didn't cost much and it wasn't anything all that special, but Aiden and I had a blast playing games together and hanging out. He's getting to be quite the Skee-ball champ, by the way--he even got the ball in the 100,000 point pocket once! It was such a treat, being able to just play together for a couple of hours--all too often, my time with Aiden is filled with errands and chores, but for this one afternoon, we just had fun.

Once Aubrey arrives, I'm going to have to make an effort to plan the occasional "date with Mommy" for Aiden and I. I know he's going to need the one-on-one time, and I'm going to miss having him all to myself, too. He's such a sweet and special boy, with a generous heart, a playful spirit, and a mischievous streak that both drives me nuts and makes me laugh. I'm a lucky woman, to have such a beautiful, charming son!

Comments

Popular Posts