Conversations with Aiden

It's bedtime, and I'm tucking Aiden in. I lay down next to him to cuddle and sing, and he looks up at me and asks, "Mommy, can I drink milk from your nurses?"

"No," I reply, "you're a big boy now, you don't need milk from my nurses. Only babies, like your sister, drink milk from nurses."

"But I want to cuddle with you and drink from your nurses like Aubrey!" he says.

"You can cuddle with me and lay your head on my nurses, but you can't drink from them," I offer, thinking he just needs the comfort of a snuggle with Mom. So he slides over and lays down next to me with his head on my chest, snuggles in, and I hear him softly sigh and whisper, "Ah, boobies."

I had to restrain myself from cracking up. Especially considering the fact that we never really use that word in our house--Aiden has always called them "nurses." After singing his bedtime songs and cuddling for a few minutes, I walk out to the living room and tell Brad, who of course laughs as well. From the mouths of babes....

Hopefully, Aiden will get over the desire to nurse soon--and won't end up too emotionally scarred in the process. Maybe I should start putting money aside for his future therapy bills now.... :)

Comments

Popular Posts