Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Freckles, the chocolate thief??

Tonight I walked into Aiden's room to tuck him into bed. I spied a half-unwrapped chocolate bar peeking from behind his bedroom door.

Mommy: Aiden, what's that?

Aiden: I don't know.

Mommy: Looks like a half-eaten candy bar to me. Looks just like the one you asked me if you could have earlier, and I told you not until after dinner.

Aiden: I don't know.

Mommy: How did it get there?

Aiden: I don't know.

Mommy: Did you put it there?

Aiden: No!

Mommy: SOMEONE had to put it there. Was it you? Are you lying to me?

Aiden: It wasn't me! I'm not lying!

Mommy: Then who put it there?

Aiden: Freckles.

(This is the point at which I lose Brad--he snorts in concealed laughter and runs from the room, unable to keep a straight face).

Mommy: Aiden, Freckles doesn't have thumbs, she can't open chocolate bars. I think you did it. Did you eat that chocolate bar?

Aiden (hanging his head in defeat): Yes, I ate it.

We had a nice long chat about lying after that, but I still had a hard time keeping a straight face. 3 years old, and already blaming the dog! Nice try, buddy, nice try!

No comments:

Want to hear more about the Pack?

Check out A Belly in Bloom, a page devoted to Angela's pregnancy with Aubrey. You can see belly pics, sonograms, and learn more about how Aubrey (formerly known as "The Bean") came to be the lovely little girl she is! You can also find Angela's favorite recipes and newest food experiments at Cooking with the Parker Pack.