Aiden can READ!

Tonight, after Karate class, Aiden pulled my old "Upwords" game out of the closet and asked to play, so I began stacking the tiles and watched with amazement as he read each word perfectly. I decided to pull out a couple of his early reader books, and lo and behold, my smart little guy read 2 books all by himself!! I am so proud of him. He's been doing so well with his letter sounds, but he hasn't shown any desire to actually read a book, despite a couple of previous attempts. I guess he was finally ready, because tonight he actually sat still and focused long enough to sound out the words for 2 books. Seeing the look of pride on his face and the way his eyes lit up when he realized he had finished the books all by himself--that was one of those moments that makes parenting the best job in the entire world.

Comments

Popular Posts