Saturday, February 7, 2009

What's YOUR Pledge?



I think one of the reasons Obama has been so popular is his ability to inspire hope in people--to make them, for just a moment, forget about being cynically cool and instead imagine how the world could be different. Whether you agree with his politics or not, I hope you can at least respect his call to action--his request that all Americans join together in doing whatever they can to make this country a better place. This video has a lot of celebrities promising to do some pretty amazing things--imagine what a better world this would be if they'd all just stick to what they promised? But even the small things, like pledging to be a better parent or to stop using so much bottled water or to just turn the lights off--well, if everyone made a small change like this, our world would be a better place.

I pledge to spend less time watching TV and more time playing with my kids and talking with my husband. I also pledge to change out at least half of all of my lightbulbs to CFL's. And I pledge to spend more time in prayer this year--to really carve out a time each day to spend praying to God to work within the lives of my family and my community, and to help me be a better Mom and wife and friend.

Now, what's YOUR pledge?

No comments:

Want to hear more about the Pack?

Check out A Belly in Bloom, a page devoted to Angela's pregnancy with Aubrey. You can see belly pics, sonograms, and learn more about how Aubrey (formerly known as "The Bean") came to be the lovely little girl she is! You can also find Angela's favorite recipes and newest food experiments at Cooking with the Parker Pack.