What's YOUR Pledge?



I think one of the reasons Obama has been so popular is his ability to inspire hope in people--to make them, for just a moment, forget about being cynically cool and instead imagine how the world could be different. Whether you agree with his politics or not, I hope you can at least respect his call to action--his request that all Americans join together in doing whatever they can to make this country a better place. This video has a lot of celebrities promising to do some pretty amazing things--imagine what a better world this would be if they'd all just stick to what they promised? But even the small things, like pledging to be a better parent or to stop using so much bottled water or to just turn the lights off--well, if everyone made a small change like this, our world would be a better place.

I pledge to spend less time watching TV and more time playing with my kids and talking with my husband. I also pledge to change out at least half of all of my lightbulbs to CFL's. And I pledge to spend more time in prayer this year--to really carve out a time each day to spend praying to God to work within the lives of my family and my community, and to help me be a better Mom and wife and friend.

Now, what's YOUR pledge?

Comments

Popular Posts