Aubrey, stop that!

Stop growing up, that is! She is growing up entirely too fast! Today, my little angel got her first tooth. I know, it has been a long time coming, with weeks of crankiness and desperate gnawing on anything that go remotely close to her mouth (including Aiden's dirty foot--gotta love big brothers). But still, I was so surprised to look in her mouth today while we were playing on the floor and see that shiny little pearl just barely poking through her gums.


Then, at bedtime, she caught me by surprise again. I had just changed her into jammies and laid her on her belly on the floor when I looked over and she was on all fours, rocking back and forth, and then scooted about 2 feet across the floor on her knees. She doesn't have it down yet, since she tries to move both knees at the same time, instead of alternating them, but she will be mobile in no time, I know it! I yelled for Brad and Aiden to come watch, and we put her toys just out of reach and watched her scoot and dive for them.


Aubrey has become quite steady while sitting, and can now sit unassisted for several minutes before toppling over. If she has a toy to focus on in front of her, she can sit for a really long while--but when she sees something beside her, she just dives over and rolls until she gets to it--it is too cute! She has mastered the art of picking up the yogurt melts or fruit puffs from her high chair tray, and she even drinks from a big kid cup now--of course, we have to hold it, or else she dumps the entire cup of juice in her lap, but that's to be expected!


Every night before bed, I look in on my kiddos while they sleep, covering them up and giving them little kisses. When I see Aubrey in her crib, her long body suddenly taking up half of the length of the crib, I feel my heart break just a little. It seemed like just yesterday, she was this little lump of dough that looked lost in the expanse of her crib. But now, she sleeps like a kid, butt in the air, knees tucked into her chest, her little rosebud mouth working her thumb over in her sleep. I know she is still small, in the grand scheme of things, but I can't believe how quickly the time has flown by.

Comments

Becky said…
She's gonna be all grown up before I ever even get to officially meet her.

Popular Posts