Friday, September 18, 2009

A 'Rated R' Aidenism

This one had me laughing yesterday.

Aiden: Mama, I want to give you some butt love.

Mommy: WHAT?!!

Aiden: Let's butt love.

Mommy: Um, Aiden, what is 'butt love' exactly?

Aiden: It's where we bump our butts together so they can hug.

Mommy: I don't think that's a good idea--how 'bout I just give you a regular hug, if you want to cuddle. And we really shouldn't say "butt love." I know that you are just talking about a silly way to love on mommy, but to other grown-ups, that means something completely different that is not at all OK for kids to talk about.

Aiden: Huh? What does it mean, Mommy?

Mommy: Let's just say it is something you'll learn about when you are older...

_______________

Yeah, THAT was an interesting conversation! From the mouths of babes...

1 comment:

The Lashers said...

I am a grown up and have never learned about "butt love." I must have missed that part of sex ed. Can you please explain? :)

Want to hear more about the Pack?

Check out A Belly in Bloom, a page devoted to Angela's pregnancy with Aubrey. You can see belly pics, sonograms, and learn more about how Aubrey (formerly known as "The Bean") came to be the lovely little girl she is! You can also find Angela's favorite recipes and newest food experiments at Cooking with the Parker Pack.