Checking in...

Yes, it has been a month since my last post. No, we aren't lying in a ditch somewhere (although, that might be more relaxing at this point). I have just been up to my ears in Christmas shopping and preparation.

We are all doing well. Aiden is finding new things every day to add to his mile-long Christmas list. He has written numerous letters to Santa and finds something new that he "has to have" each day. By the way, can I just mention how much I hate commercials? My son has become a walking infomercial lately. If I hear one more time how I need a blanket with sleeves, or how much better my hair would look with a Bump-it in it, I think I'll scream.

Aubrey is officially a toddler. She has taken off walking across the room now, although most days she'd still prefer to crawl--it's faster for her and she is one impatient baby. She is also adding new words to her vocabulary every day. She loves to repeat the things I say, and can even identify things on her own, like pointing to the Christmas tree and saying "bree" or pointing to a teddy bear on a Christmas decoration and saying, "puppy." She is such a smarty pants--she amazes me every day.

We are looking forward to celebrating this Christmas with Aiden and Aubrey. Aubrey will have at least some idea that there is a celebration going on, and Aiden is at the age where the holidays are truly magical for him, so it should be fun. This is the first year where Aiden really knows the reason behind the holidays and can join us in celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ. Brad and I are also looking forward to spending a week at Gran and Gramps' house, where we can relax a little while they endlessly spoil our kids.

I doubt I will be doing much writing between now and Christmas, so I will this by wishing you all a wonderful Christmas and blessed New Year. May your holidays be filled with the love of family, friends, and joy at the birth of our savior!

Comments

Popular Posts