Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Aiden's Prayer

Each night, Aiden says the "Now I lay me down to sleep..." prayer, followed by his own addition--he can give thanks, he can ask for forgiveness, or say whatever he'd like to God.  Tonight, after finishing the first part, he added, "God, I'm sorry for disobeying my mommy and running away to the park without asking permission and getting in trouble, even though I really shouldn't, 'cause I didn't really do anything wrong, but I guess I'm sorry. OK, good night, Amen."

Ah, my little lawyer-in-training.  This guy can negotiate with the best of 'em and is already learning the art of a good defense.  Makes me a little proud!

No comments:

Want to hear more about the Pack?

Check out A Belly in Bloom, a page devoted to Angela's pregnancy with Aubrey. You can see belly pics, sonograms, and learn more about how Aubrey (formerly known as "The Bean") came to be the lovely little girl she is! You can also find Angela's favorite recipes and newest food experiments at Cooking with the Parker Pack.