The hassles of Army life

Ah, the joys of living on post. The quarters NCO (the guy in charge of inspecting the neighborhood to make sure our lawns are cut, etc.) actually knocked on my door to tell me that the inside of my garage was "unsightly" and that I needed to fix it or he would cite me. After I almost laughed in his face, I realized he was serious--apparently, the toys that the neighborhood boys were playing with that were scattered out of the bin in the garage were just too messy for him. Frackin' ridiculous, especially since my garage is actually very neat. My neighbors have broken furniture in their driveway that's been there a month, he drives right past them, but threatens to cite me for some scattered toys INSIDE MY GARAGE!

So, I picked up the toys, swept up the grass and leaves that had been tracked into my garage and called it a day. If he comes back and complains, there is a great likelihood that I will be kicked out of post quarters for having told off the housing NCO. Anyone have some rooms we can borrow??

Comments

Becky said…
Oh my! Good luck with that! How crazy.

Popular Posts