Saturday, November 13, 2010

A few Aidenisms

Aiden has been on a roll lately. He is such a spunky kid who says whatever comes to mind, which can have both disastrous and hilarious consequences. Just this morning, he pronounced a few things that made me laugh and also wonder how we skipped past the 'girls are yucky' phase and straight to the pre-teen, concerned-about-my-appearance phase.

Me: Aiden, why don't you go get dressed while I finish cooking so that after breakfast, you can go on outside and play?

Aiden: No, I'll wait. I don't want to get dirty, I want to look nice so girls will come up and talk to me.

____________

Aiden (running inside): "Mommy, it's COLD outside.

Me (exercising great restraint to not say 'I told you so!' since I had reminded him to dress warmly just 15 minutes ago): "Why don't you take those shorts off and put some jeans on so you'll be warm."

Aiden: "No, Mom! The jeans will rub off all the leg hairs I've grown!"

No comments:

Want to hear more about the Pack?

Check out A Belly in Bloom, a page devoted to Angela's pregnancy with Aubrey. You can see belly pics, sonograms, and learn more about how Aubrey (formerly known as "The Bean") came to be the lovely little girl she is! You can also find Angela's favorite recipes and newest food experiments at Cooking with the Parker Pack.