Toddler Drama

The terrible two's are in full swing at our house. Aubrey is making life miserable a good portion of each day, thanks to her penchant for screaming, throwing herself on the floor, and wailing at the top of her lungs. A 10 minute trip to Target becomes an hour-long torture session--she throws a tantrum over riding in the cart, she screams at the top of her lungs throughout the store, she fights me then entire time, trying to climb out of the seat, or if I let her walk, trying to run away or just melt into a puddle on the floor, refusing to move. She gets pissed off when a well-meaning stranger tries to cheer her up. I hand her her juice cup or a blanket, and she throws them at me. Misery, complete misery for all involved.

Things aren't any better at home, either. As long as she gets her way, we're good, but as soon as I tell her "No" or try to do something she doesn't want, like a nap, or a meal, or turning the TV off, she throws a gigantic tantrum. She screams at me, throws things at me, knocks food off the table, throws herself on the ground and wails. I honestly don't know what to do with the child. I just keep my cool, don't give in, stay consistent and pray, A LOT, that this phase is short.

Comments

Becky said…
Just keep doing what you are doing. Consistency is key! BTW...I love the new header and background...very, very cute!
Keefers said…
If misery loves company, Katie is going through the exact same phase. Stephanie and I know exactly what you are going through! We pray too that this phase is short!

Popular Posts