Thursday, November 1, 2012

A Month of Thanks: Day 1

In our house, the month of November is full of wonderful traditions. Aubrey and I both celebrate our birthdays. Then there is the grand parade of food, a.k.a. Thanksgiving. Brad grows a mustache in honor of "M'ovember." And I spend the month focused on gratitude.

So what am I grateful for? Today, I'm grateful for grace. The grace of a loving God. It is grace, so freely given, that encourages me to be a better mother, a better wife, and a better friend. Who am I to hold a grudge or be angry, when I've been forgiven of so much? Grace encourages me to be kind to myself--if I can be loved and forgiven by a blameless, perfect God, then I should be able to find it in my own small heart to just let go of the guilt and recrimination. I am broken and sinful and I struggle constantly with the same things, yet I am loved completely, unconditionally, and forgiveness is mine. I need only ask for it, put my faith in the promise of another, and offer my imperfect love and faith in return.

No comments:

Want to hear more about the Pack?

Check out A Belly in Bloom, a page devoted to Angela's pregnancy with Aubrey. You can see belly pics, sonograms, and learn more about how Aubrey (formerly known as "The Bean") came to be the lovely little girl she is! You can also find Angela's favorite recipes and newest food experiments at Cooking with the Parker Pack.