A Month of Thanks: Day 1

In our house, the month of November is full of wonderful traditions. Aubrey and I both celebrate our birthdays. Then there is the grand parade of food, a.k.a. Thanksgiving. Brad grows a mustache in honor of "M'ovember." And I spend the month focused on gratitude.

So what am I grateful for? Today, I'm grateful for grace. The grace of a loving God. It is grace, so freely given, that encourages me to be a better mother, a better wife, and a better friend. Who am I to hold a grudge or be angry, when I've been forgiven of so much? Grace encourages me to be kind to myself--if I can be loved and forgiven by a blameless, perfect God, then I should be able to find it in my own small heart to just let go of the guilt and recrimination. I am broken and sinful and I struggle constantly with the same things, yet I am loved completely, unconditionally, and forgiveness is mine. I need only ask for it, put my faith in the promise of another, and offer my imperfect love and faith in return.

Comments

Popular Posts