Month of Thanks: Day 13

Can you be both thankful and cursed by a single thing?? Hmmmm....

I'm thankful today for the Internet. O.M.G. am I overwhelmed by all the details of this next move. Trying to decide where we'll live. Will Aiden go to private school or public (Hawaii is #44 out of 50 when it comes to education :/)? How will we decide on a school if we don't know where we'll live and can't know until we get there? Do we ship both cars (the Army only pays for one)? Do we rent a furnished apartment while we wait for on-post housing (which could take up to 6 months) or do we just rent a house on our own? And don't get me started on the HUGE checklist with a very specific timeline that we have to follow to get our dog shipped to Hawaii. AUGH!

So, the internet and my laptop are my new best friends. Every evening, Brad and I are surfing, trying to figure this whole overseas move thing out. I'm glad I have the access to all the info, but part of me thinks it would be easier if I was just ignorant of all the options and only had a packet of paperwork form the Army to go off of (like they did in the ol' days).

Now, if you'll excuse me, an internet board about life on Hawaii beckons....

Comments

Becky said…
Do you know when you guys will move? I cannot even imagine how tough an overseas move is going to be. Good luck.

Popular Posts