Month of Thanks: Day 2

Today, I'm thankful for the opportunity to be a stay-at-home parent. Often, I take this for granted, and some days (when the kids are particularly awful), I even resent it. But the truth is, I am blessed--I have the financial security provided by a husband who works tirelessly to provide for his family, as well as a partner who encourages me, backs me, and provides me with the much-needed breaks that make staying home full-time possible. I am fortunate in the fact that I can spend a sunny afternoon with my daughter on a blanket, chasing a ladybug across the fabric. I can eat lunch with Aiden at school and be there for class parties and field trips. I choose this life, and all too often forget that such a choice is a luxury to many. So, today, I'm grateful for it.

Comments

Popular Posts