Friday, November 2, 2012

Month of Thanks: Day 2

Today, I'm thankful for the opportunity to be a stay-at-home parent. Often, I take this for granted, and some days (when the kids are particularly awful), I even resent it. But the truth is, I am blessed--I have the financial security provided by a husband who works tirelessly to provide for his family, as well as a partner who encourages me, backs me, and provides me with the much-needed breaks that make staying home full-time possible. I am fortunate in the fact that I can spend a sunny afternoon with my daughter on a blanket, chasing a ladybug across the fabric. I can eat lunch with Aiden at school and be there for class parties and field trips. I choose this life, and all too often forget that such a choice is a luxury to many. So, today, I'm grateful for it.

No comments:

Want to hear more about the Pack?

Check out A Belly in Bloom, a page devoted to Angela's pregnancy with Aubrey. You can see belly pics, sonograms, and learn more about how Aubrey (formerly known as "The Bean") came to be the lovely little girl she is! You can also find Angela's favorite recipes and newest food experiments at Cooking with the Parker Pack.